Terms of Service
Effective August 3, 2019
A. About Us:
BY ACCESSING OUR SERVICES, YOU (ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF OR THE ENTITY THAT YOU REPRESENT) REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE THE RIGHT, AUTHORITY, AND CAPACITY TO ENTER INTO THESE TERMS (ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF OR THE ENTITY THAT YOU REPRESENT) AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE PROVISIONS, CONDITIONS AND NOTICES CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS JUST AS IF YOU HAD SIGNED THESE TERMS.
THESE TERMS CONTAIN A DISPUTE RESOLUTION AND ARBITRATION PROVISION, INCLUDING CLASS ACTION WAIVER THAT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS AND WITH RESPECT TO DISPUTES YOU MAY HAVE WITH US.
B. Terms of Service:
1. Service Conditions. You cannot use the Services unless you are at least 18 years of age. By using or accessing the Services, you represent and warrant to us that: (a) you are at least 18 years of age; (b) you have the right, authority and capacity to agree to, and abide by these Terms; and (c) you will not use the Services or any rights granted hereunder for any unlawful purpose or any purpose which violates these Terms.
2. Duration of License to Access Services. These Terms provide you with a personal, revocable, non-exclusive, non-assignable, non-transferable, limited and temporary license to access and use the Services. We will be entitled to terminate, restrict, or suspend this license granted to you with immediate effect and without notice, including but not limited to by deleting your Profile or otherwise restricting your ability to access or use the Services, for any reason or no reason, as determined by us.
3. Ticket Purchases, Refund Policy, and Cancellations.
(a) We provide our Services for a fee.
(b) Customer purchases are routed by our payment processors EZ Tix (https://www.eztix.com/ ) and EZ Sites (https://www.eztix.com/ezsites/) (“Payment Processor”). Please see their websites to view their privacy policies.
(c) All Public tours are held rain, shine, and in all temperatures year round. We reserve the right to cancel a tour due to weather if safety is threatened, and if there are less than the minimum required guests on a specific tour.
- If we cancel a Public Tour, we will at your discretion, either:
– reschedule you to another tour date (subject to availability); or
– issue you a Gift Certificate that you can use within the next year; or
– at your option, we will issue a 100% refund to your original method of payment.
- If you cancel tickets on a Public Tour, with at least 48 hours’ notice, we’ll either:
– reschedule you to another tour date (subject to availability); or
– issue you a Gift Certificate that you can use within the next year; or
– at your option, we could provide a 50% refund to your original method payment.
iii. If you cancel with less than 24 hours’ notice,
– tickets and fees are non-refundable.
(d) Private Tours – Once purchased, all private tours are NON-REFUNDABLE, however with ample notice of at least 21 days prior to the tour date, we may be able to reschedule to another available date.
(e) Ticket Guardian option – when you purchase tickets for any of our tours, you can safeguard and “insure” the ticket price in case you aren’t able to make the tour due to unforeseen factors. Safeguard insurance is optional. You may opt out of the safeguard insurance.
(f) Right of Refusal: Biteseeing Staunton LLC reserves the right to refuse admittance or continuation on the tour if, in our opinion, a tour guest is intoxicated. This is entirely at our discretion. We also reserve the right to remove from the tour any guest that is disruptive, disrespectful or destructive to tours staff, venue representatives, tour guests or property. This is also entirely at our discretion. In any of these cases, no refund will be made to such guest, customer, or tour participant, and no liability or cost incurred by Biteseeing Staunton LLC for transportation or other expenses incurred by that guest.
4. User Interaction.
(a) OTHER USERS, CUSTOMERS, OR TOUR PARTICIPANTS ARE NOT OUR EMPLOYEES, INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS, OR AGENTS. WITH THAT IN MIND, YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE: (i) do not employ, recommend or endorse any Users and have no control over the acts or omissions of any other User in any way using or having used the Services, on or off our Website; (ii) are not responsible for any User’s compliance or non-compliance with applicable laws in connection with any transaction such User may engage in with another User or third-party; (iii) make no representations or warranties about interactions or dealings with other Users; and (iv) are not responsible for the performance or conduct of any User or other third parties in any way using or having used the Services, on or off the Website.
(b) We do not screen Users, Tour Participants, or Customers or conduct any kind of identity or criminal records checks. We expressly disclaim, and you expressly release us from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries, loss, harm or damages arising from or in any way related to the Services or your interactions or dealings with other Users, Tour Participants, or Customers to the fullest extent allowable under applicable law, including but not limited to any acts or omissions of Users in any way using or having used the Services, on or off our Website. By using the Services, you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for such use and the connections you make and that ALL USE OF OUR SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
(c) Although we have no obligation to verify any information provided by a User in connection with our Services, we reserve the right to do so in our sole discretion. You hereby authorize us to verify the representations and warranties you make or the other information you provide.
(a) By Us. All Posts and Content on our Services, or obtained from a Linked Site are provided to you ‘AS IS’, ‘AS AVAILABLE’ and ‘WITH ALL FAULTS’. Biteseeing Staunton provides our Services for informational purposes only and any statements made by us are opinions only. We expressly disclaim all liability related to the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or Content on our Services or reliance on any opinion, advice, or Content on our Services. OUR SERVICES ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS LEGAL, EMPLOYMENT, ACCOUNTING, TAX, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. OUR SERVICES ARE A RESOURCE ONLY. We are not attorneys, paralegals, accountants, or tax specialists, or any other sort of licensed professional. As such, we expressly disclaim all liability related to the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, guidance, or Content Transmitted by us or available through our Services or reliance on any of the aforementioned. We will do our best to provide top-quality Services to you. However, the Content published through the Services may also include inaccuracies or typographical errors. We do not warrant or represent that the Content available through our Services is complete or up-to-date.
(b) Linked Sites.
(ii) Third Party Products and Services. When you use our Services to purchase products or services from a Linked Site, you are purchasing that product or service directly from the third party Linked Site. Your order is placed with, filled by, and shipped by that third party Linked Site. We have no involvement in any shipment, fulfillment, returns, or refunds associated with any products or services that you purchase from a Liked Site or third party. You understand that you must contact the third party Linked Site directly for inquiries related to your purchase, including but not limited to: returns, shipping, customer service, refunds, or general information. By using our Services, you expressly represent and warrant that you will abide by and will not violate any policies, rules, terms, or conditions of that third party Linked Site.
(c) Posted by You, Another User or a 3rd Party.
(d) Posted by Users or Others. We do not endorse and are not responsible for (i) the Content provided by other Users, (ii) the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, statement, or Content made through our Services, (iii) any Content provided on Linked Sites, or (iv) the capabilities or reliability of any goods or service obtained from a Linked Site. There are risks involved with relying on information on our Services, and you expressly assume those risks when using our Services. Under no circumstance will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on any Content, goods, other information, or services obtained through our Services or a Linked Site.
The Services may allow you to rate and Post reviews of Users as well as to add Users to a ‘favorites’ list which will be publicly displayed on the Website. Such ratings and favorites are considered Content Posted by you and are governed by these Terms. Your ratings and reviews do not reflect the views of BITESEEINGSTAUNTON.COM or Biteseeing Staunton LLC. We strive to maintain a high level of integrity with our ratings and reviews and other Content Posted by you. All ratings and reviews must be legitimate. Any rating or review that we determine, in our sole discretion, to be disingenuous, or could otherwise diminish the integrity of the ratings and reviews system, the Content or the Services may be removed without prior notice to you.
7. Intellectual Property.
(a) Trademarks. BITESEEING STAUNTON, BITESEEING STAUNTON LLC and BITESEEINGSTAUNTON.COM and all other graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, service names and other Content that we use, manage or control are trademarks, registered trademarks or trade dress of ours or our subsidiaries, officers, employees, independent contractors, suppliers, representatives, licensors, licensees, successors, assigns, agents, partners, or other affiliate (collectively “Affiliates”) in the United States or other countries or both. No one may use these trademarks or trade dress in connection with any product or service that is not our product or service without our express written permission. All other trademarks that appear on our Services are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to or sponsored by us or any of our Affiliates.
(b) Copyright. Except in the case of Content under license to us, we claim a copyright, and all copyright protection afforded, under international, United States and the State of Virginia laws to all text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, software (ours or our software suppliers), and all other Content on our Services. The compilation of all Content on our Services is our exclusive property, and it is similarly protected. We also claim a copyright, and all copyright protection afforded, under international, United States and the laws of the State of Virginia to all material described in the trademarks section above. Your access to all information and Content located on our Services is strictly permitted through the license granted to you under these Terms. Except for the license granted in these Terms, all rights, title and interest in Content, in all languages, formats and media throughout the world, including all copyrights, are and will continue to be the exclusive property of ours and other parties. Except as permitted by these Terms, you are prohibited from modifying, copying, distributing, displaying, publishing, selling, licensing, creating derivative works, or using any Content available on or through our Services without our prior written permission, or in the case of Content owned by a third party, without first receiving permission from the owner of that Content. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright or other notice from copies of the Content.
(c) Infringement Claims. We respect the intellectual property of others and ask that Users do the same. In connection with the Services, we have adopted and implemented a policy respecting intellectual property that provides for the removal of any infringing or unauthorized materials and for the termination of a User’s ability to use our Services, in appropriate circumstances, if we determine that User is infringing on the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that a User is, through the use of the Services, unlawfully infringing by submitting unauthorized Content, and wish to have the allegedly infringing or unauthorized material removed please provide the relevant information in the form of a written notification (pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512) to our designated copyright agent (“Designated Agent”): your physical or electronic signature; identification of the works or rights that you claim to have been infringed; identification of the Content on the Services that you claim is infringing and that you request us to remove; sufficient information to permit us to locate such Content; your address, telephone number, and e-mail address; a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the objectionable Content is not authorized by the copyright or other rights owner, its agent, or the law; and a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are either the owner of the copyright or other right that has allegedly been infringed or violated or that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or other rights owner. Note that, pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512, any misrepresentation of material fact in a written notification automatically subjects the complaining party to liability for any damages, costs and attorney’s fees incurred by us in connection with the written notification and allegation of copyright infringement].
Our Designated Agent is:
Dunlap, Bennett & Ludwig, PLLC
211 Church Street, SE
Leesburg, VA 20175
8. Mobile Devices. If you are accessing the Services via a mobile device or tablet which is owned or controlled by you (a “Device”) then, subject to your compliance with these Terms and our Policies, the license granted hereunder allows you to access our Services using your Device. You understand and agree that use of the Services via your Device may result in data or other charges from your mobile communication service provider and you expressly release, indemnify, hold harmless, and defend us from any and all liability relating to any such charges or your Device.
9. Use Restrictions. You may not use or plan, encourage or help others to use our Services for any purpose or in any manner that is prohibited by these Terms or by applicable law. In using our Services, you agree at all times that you will not: (a) infringe on the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Biteseeing Staunton, a User, or a third party (b) copy, distribute, or modify any part of our Services without our prior written authorization; (c) transmit any Content which contains software viruses, or other harmful computer code, files or programs; (d) manipulate or exclude identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content; (e) disrupt the networks connected to our Services, including but not limited to by: attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our Services, attempting to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization, or attempting to interfere with our Services or a User, by means such as overloading, ‘flooding’, ‘mailbombing’ or ‘crashing.’; (f) circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security-related features of our Services or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any Content or that enforce limitations on use of our Services; (g) collect Content, personally identifying information, or other information from our Services, or otherwise access our Services, by using any automated means, including but not limited to, ‘robots’, ‘spiders’, ‘scrapers’ and ‘offline readers’, without our prior written approval which we may withhold in our discretion; (h) modify, translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, create derivative works based on, sublicense, sell, or distribute the Services; (i) rent or lease any rights in the Services in any form to any third party or make the Services available or accessible to third parties; (j) remove, alter or obscure any proprietary notice or identification, including copyright, trademark, patent or other notices displayed on our Services; (j) mislead or attempt to mislead or defraud or attempt to defraud or conceal any information relating to Content or other information that you provide to us; (k) link, deep link, ‘frame’ or ‘mirror’ any part of the Services without our prior consent; or (l) use our Services to violate any applicable laws, rules or regulations, or for any unlawful, harmful, or inappropriate purpose, or in any manner that breaches these Terms or is otherwise objectionable, as determined by us in our sole discretion.
10. Termination, Restriction and Suspension.
(a) By us. We retain the right to terminate, restrict, or suspend these Terms, or your license to access or use our Services at any time in our absolute and sole discretion, without prior notice, for any reason or no reason, as determined by us.
(a) IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE OUR SERVICES, YOU DO SO AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT BITESEEING STAUNTON LLC DOES NOT HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO CONDUCT BACKGROUND CHECKS ON ANY USER, BUT MAY CONDUCT SUCH BACKGROUND CHECKS IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. OUR SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ‘AS IS’, ‘AS AVAILABLE’ AND ‘WITH ALL FAULTS’ WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, OUR SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PHYSICAL INJURY OR DEATH AS WELL AS DAMAGES TO PERSONAL PROPERTY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WITH RESPECT TO THE WEBSITE, OR THE SERVICES BITESEEING STAUNTON LLC EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, ACCURACY, SECURITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, QUIET TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. BITESEEING STAUNTON LLC MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITE, SERVICES, OR CONTENT WILL MEET YOUR NEEDS, EXPECTATIONS, BE TO YOUR SATISFACTION, OR BE AVAILABLE ON AN UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, BUG-FREE, OR MALWARE-FREE BASIS BITESEEING STAUNTON LLC MAKES NO WARRANTY REGARDING THE QUALITY OF OUR SERVICES OR CONTENT, OR THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, TRUTHFULNESS, COMPLETENESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES.
(b) NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED FROM BITESEEING STAUNTON LLC OR THROUGH THE WEBSITE SERVICES OR CONTENT, WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL OF YOUR COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES AND WITH OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT BITESEEING STAUNTON LLC DOES NOT MAKE ANY ATTEMPT TO VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF USERS OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES. BITESEEING STAUNTON LLC MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT OF USERS OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH ANY CURRENT OR FUTURE USERS OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES.
(c) WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY AS TO THE IDENTITY OF A USER. YOU AGREE TO TAKE REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS IN ALL COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS OF THE WEBSITE, APPLICATION, OR SERVICES AND WITH OTHER PERSONS WITH WHOM YOU COMMUNICATE OR INTERACT AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, USERS OR THIRD PARTIES, PARTICULARLY IF YOU DECIDE TO MEET OFFLINE OR IN PERSON REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH MEETINGS ARE FACILITATED BY THE SERVICES. BITESEEING STAUNTON LLC EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY USER OR OTHER THIRD PARTY.
12. Release and Waiver of Claims. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF OR THE ENTITY THAT YOU REPRESENT, YOUR PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND YOUR HEIRS, HEREBY VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO RELEASE, WAIVE, AND DISCHARGE ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS, DEMANDS, SUITS, OR PROCEEDINGS (“CLAIMS”) AGAINST US AND OUR AFFILIATES, INCLUDING ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES (ACTUAL AND OR CONSEQUENTIAL), COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING LITIGATION COSTS AND ATTORNEYS’ FEES) OF EVERY KIND AND NATURE ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO: (A) THE SERVICES OR THESE TERMS, (B) ANY PURCHASE (C) YOUR DEVICE (D) ANY INACCURACY, UNTIMELINESS OR INCOMPLETENESS OF A USER’S REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, OR (E) ANY INACCURACY, UNTIMELINESS, OR INCOMPLETENESS OF ANY AND ALL INFORMATION OR CONTENT OBTAINED OR ACCESSED BY OR THROUGH THE SERVICES. FURTHER, IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER CALIFORNIA CIVIL CODE SECTION 1542, WHICH STATES, “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ANY FACT RELATING TO ANY MATTER COVERED BY THESE TERMS MAY BE FOUND TO BE OTHER THAN NOW BELIEVED TO BE TRUE, AND ACCEPT AND ASSUME THE RISK OF SUCH POSSIBLE DIFFERENCES IN FACT. IN ADDITION, YOU EXPRESSLY WAIVE AND RELINQUISH ANY AND ALL RIGHTS WHICH YOU MAY HAVE HAD UNDER ANY OTHER STATE OR FEDERAL STATUTE OR COMMON LAW PRINCIPLE OF SIMILAR EFFECT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
13. Assumption of the Risk YOU KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL RISK WHEN USING THE SERVICES OR CONDUCTING A TRANSACTION THROUGH THE SERVICES THEREFORE, YOU, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF OR THE ENTITY YOU REPRESENT, YOUR PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND YOUR HEIRS, HEREBY VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS, DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY BITESEEING STAUNTON LLC AND ITS AFFILIATES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS FOR BODILY INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, WRONGFUL DEATH, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR HARM, WHETHER TO YOU OR TO THIRD PARTIES, WHICH MAY RESULT FROM ANY ASPECT OF OUR SERVICES.
14. Limitation of Liability. TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR PERSONAL INJURY RELATED TO OR RESULTING FROM ANY TRANSACTION, ANY ASPECT OF THE SERVICES, OR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO (A) THESE TERMS, (B) ANY PURCHASE, AND (B) ANY ASPECT OF OUR SERVICES, HOWEVER CAUSED, REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY (BREACH OF CONTRACT, A BREACH OF WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, PRODUCTS LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE) AND EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR PERSONAL INJURY, OR OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THIS LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. In no event will our total liability to you for all damages exceed the lesser of (a) one hundred twenty-five dollars ($125) or (b) the fees paid by you to us in connection with the Services out of which the Claims arose. The foregoing limitations will apply even if the above stated remedy fails of its essential purpose.
15. Dispute Resolution.
(a) In the event that any dispute arises with respect to our Services, Terms, or any of our Policies, upon our election in our sole discretion, such dispute will be resolved by binding arbitration in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association, in Staunton, Virginia, and at our option, such arbitration will be before a single neutral arbitrator selected in our sole and absolute discretion. In the event we elect not to require that a dispute arising with respect to our Services, Terms, or any of our Policies be submitted to binding arbitration as described above, any such dispute will nevertheless be litigated in the State courts for the City of Staunton, Virginia or in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia, as the case may be. You will be liable for and will reimburse us for our expenses and fees, including attorneys’ fees, in the event any arbitration or litigation arises out of, under, or relating to these Terms or any of our Policies, or your use of our Services. By using our Services, you irrevocably agree and consent to be bound to personal jurisdiction of and venue selection in the state courts for the City of Staunton, Virginia or in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia as the case may be, whether either arbitration or litigation arises between us and you. YOU AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION THAT YOU MAY HAVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICES MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
(b) YOU AGREE THAT YOU MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST US ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS USER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING. UNLESS WE AGREE OTHERWISE, THE DECISION-MAKER MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S OR PARTY’S CLAIMS AND MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A CONSOLIDATED, REPRESENTATIVE, OR CLASS PROCEEDING. ALSO, THE DECISION-MAKER MAY AWARD RELIEF ONLY TO THE EXTENT NECESSARY TO PROVIDE RELIEF NECESSITATED BY THAT PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CLAIMS. ANY RELIEF AWARDED CANNOT AFFECT OTHER USERS.
(c) You agree that irreparable harm to us would occur in the event that any of the provisions of these Terms, were not performed fully by you or were otherwise breached by you, and that money damages are an inadequate remedy for breach of the Terms because of the difficulty of ascertaining and quantifying the amount of damage that will be suffered by us in the event that these Terms are not performed in accordance with its provisions or is otherwise breached. It is accordingly hereby acknowledged that, notwithstanding any provision of this Section 15, we will be entitled to petition the courts mentioned in Section 15(a) for an injunction or injunctions to restrain, enjoin and prevent a failure to perform these Terms by you, without positing bond or other security, and to enforce specifically such provisions of these Terms.
(d) Dispute Resolution Severability. If a court decides that any term or provision relating to our ability to submit any above-mentioned dispute to arbitration or to the above class action wavier according to this Section 15, the parties agree to litigate any such dispute according to Section 15(a) above and to replace any other such terms or provisions of Section 15(a) or Section 15(b) with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Section 15 will be enforceable as so modified. In any event, the remainder of these Terms will continue to apply.
16. Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless us and our Affiliates from and against any and all Claims, losses, expenses, damages and costs (including, but not limited to, direct, incidental, consequential, exemplary and indirect damages), and reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from or arising out of, under, or relating to: your use, misuse, or inability to use our Services; any infringement of a third party’s rights; your Device; a breach of a representation or warranty; Content Posted by you to us or other Users; alterations of, loss of, or unauthorized access to any information sent or received or not sent or received by you or us; any defamatory, offensive, fraudulent, or illegal use of our Services by you; any violation of a law or regulation by you relating to the Services; any accidental or improper disclosure of information; and any violation by you of these Terms or any of our other Policies.
17. Survival. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, there are provisions of these Terms which in accordance with its terms are intended to survive the termination of these Terms, your Profile, or your license to use or access the Services will survive any such termination.
18. Notification. By using the Services, you agree that we may provide you with any notices or other communications about the Services electronically: (a) via email (in each case to the address that you provide), SMS message, or telephone call (in each case to the phone number that you provide), or (b) by posting to the Website. For notices made by email, the date of receipt will be deemed the date on which such notice is transmitted. We will use best efforts to honor a User’s request to opt out of promotional messages, but under no circumstances will we be liability for Posting any Content to Users.
19. Severability; No Waiver. The representations and warranties or covenants set forth herein are each to be construed as a separate agreement, independent of any other provisions of these Terms. Further, the invalidity or unenforceability of any provision, word, phrase, clause, sentence, paragraph or section of these Terms will in no way affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision, word, phrase, clause, sentence, paragraph or section of these Terms, and any such invalid or unenforceable provision that is overbroad will be deemed narrowed to the broadest term permitted by applicable law and will be enforced as narrowed. If one or more of the provisions in these Terms deemed invalid or unenforceable, then the remaining provisions will continue in full force and effect. Our failure to assert any right or provision under these Terms will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
21. Assignment. These Terms, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you, but may be assigned by us as determined by us.
22. Our Relationship with You. With respect to you, we are an independent contractor only. Nothing in these Terms will be deemed or is intended to be deemed, nor will it cause, you and Biteseeing Staunton LLC or the Website to be treated as employer-employee, partners, joint venturers, or otherwise as joint associates for profit, or either you or us to be treated as the agent of the other. Further, Users, Tour Participants, or Customers are not are not employees, independent contractors, partners, joint ventures, or any agent of Biteseeing Staunton LLC of any sort whatsoever.
23. Third Parties. From time to time, we may engage third parties or Affiliates to assist us in providing certain aspects of the Services, including but not limited to marketing functions. You agree that we may engage such third parties in providing Services to you, as determined by us.
24. Entire Agreement; Modification. These Terms together with our Polices any other document referenced herein constitutes the entire understanding between us and you with respect to the subject matter hereof. You agree that we may amend, modify, or alter these Terms or our Polices at any time in our sole discretion. We will notify you about changes to these Terms by placing the updated Terms on the Website. You agree that your use of the Services after such notification will constitute acceptance by you of such changes to the Terms.
25. Headings; Interpretation. Section headings in these Terms are for convenience only, and will not govern the meaning or interpretation of any provision of these Terms. Further, whenever the context requires, all words, including but not limited to defined capitalized terms, will include the masculine, feminine, and neuter, and each word will include the singular form, plural form, and other conjugations of that word.
27. Compliance. You represent and warrant that you will comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances, and regulations regarding use of the Services. Your use of our Services, is subject to export and re-export control laws and regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations (“EAR”) maintained by the United States Department of Commerce and sanctions programs maintained by the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control. You will not, directly or indirectly, sell, export, re-export, transfer, divert, or otherwise dispose of any software or service to any User without obtaining the required authorizations from the appropriate government authorities. You also warrant that you are not prohibited from receiving US origin products, including services or software.
28. Feedback. We value your comments and opinions. If you have questions, comments or a complaint about these Terms, you may send a written notice to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or at Biteseeing Staunton LLC, P.O. Box 1857, Staunton, VA 24402.
Effective August 3, 2019
A. About Us.
Please read this Policy as it includes important information regarding your Personal Data and other information. Capitalized terms not defined in this Policy will have the meanings given to such terms in the Terms of Service. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com.
1. Information We Collect.
(a) Personal Data. Personal Data and other information are collected from you when you create a Profile with us or when you otherwise disclose Personal Data or other information to us or third parties when using the Services. “Personal Data” means any information that may be used to identify an individual. Personal Data does not include aggregate information. In connection with the Services, you may be asked to provide us the following Personal Data and other information: your name, email address, telephone number, payment information, and other information in connection with the Services.
(b) Location Data. We and third parties with whom we may partner may collect location information in relation to a User’s Device and use of the Services (“Location Data”) with respect to you. If you use the Services, then you are providing consent to collect Location Data such as the physical location of your Device which will be used to provide you with certain features of the Services. This Location Data is collected anonymously in a form that does not personally identify you. Location Data is aggregated with data from Devices of other Users to enhance the quality of Content Users provide to us and to enhance the quality of the Services we provide to you. We may also share your Location data with third parties. Location Data is shared anonymously in a form that would not personally identify you.
(c) Use Data. When you send or receive Content using our Services, we collect data about that Content.
(d) Log Information. When you browse our Services, you do so anonymously, unless you have previously created a Profile with us. However, we may log your IP address to give us an idea of which part of our Services you visit and how long you spend there. However, we do not link your IP address to any Personal Data unless you have logged into our Services. Also, our Services may use a standard technology called a ‘cookie’ to collect information about how you interact with our Services. Please see Section 7 below for more information.
(e) Aggregate Data. Certain aspects of our Services are set up to collect and report aggregate information. Aggregate information is data we collect about the use of the Services or about a group or category of products, services or Users, from which individual identities or other Personal Data has been removed. In other words, information about how you use the Services may be collected and combined with information about how others use the Services. Aggregate data helps us understand trends and User’s needs so that we can better consider new features or otherwise tailor our Services. This Policy does not restrict what we can do with aggregate information.
(g) Device Information. We may collect data about the computer or Device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier (‘UDI’), phone number, and mobile carrier information.
(h) Tracking Technologies. We collect information through technology, such as cookies, flash cookies and web beacons, including when you visit our Services or Linked Sites. Please see Section 7 below for further information regarding tracking technologies.
(i) From Third Parties. We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically. Local law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
2. How We Use It. We use, allow access to, or disclose your Personal Data to third parties with whom we partner in order to:
(a) enable us to provide the Services to you;
(b) notify you regarding Services, your Profile, or fees;
(c) increase the usability of the Services;
(d) provide information about promotional offers;
(e) investigate objectionable use of the Services;
(f) respond to requests for assistance from our customer support team;
(g) analyze trends and use of our Services; and
(h) carry on our business, as determined by us.
3. Who We Share It With.
We will share your Personal Data with third parties:
(a) When you have enabled us to share your Personal Data with another company or our Affiliates, such as: in sending you offers and promotions about their products and services; or allowing us to share your personal data with third parties or Linked Sites, such as Social Media Profiles. Once we share your Personal Data with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
(b) When necessary, as determined by us in our sole discretion, to provide Services to you. This includes for the uses listed in Section 2 above.
(c) When required by law or by court order.
(d) To protect our rights and property, to prevent fraudulent activity or other deceptive practices of Users or third parties, or to prevent harm to others.
(e) If we are acquired by or merged with another company, or if our assets are sold to another company. In all of these circumstances, you understand and agree that our Terms of Service and this Policy will be assigned and delegated to the other company.
(f) To perform tasks for us or in connection with our business such as our payment processor or ticket processor EZ Tix, as determined by us. We may use third parties to help operate the Services and perform other aspects of the Services. You agree we may share your Personal Data with our Affiliates and other third parties that provide services to us in connection with our business (such as website or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, email service providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, and other similar service providers that use such information on our behalf). Unless otherwise stated, these third parties do not have any right to use the Personal Data we provide to them beyond what is necessary for them to assist us, as determined by us.
4. Your Choices
(a) Any Content that you Post may be searchable by other Users and third parties as well as subject to use by others. Once you have Posted Content or made it viewable to others, that Content may be re-shared by others and we have no control or liability regarding how others my use the Content you Post. We make every effort to prevent undesired disclosure of Content or Personal Data. However, we are not responsible for how others may use Content or Personal Data that is disclosed by you to Users or third parties using the Services.
(b) The Services may allow you to share Content on Social Media Profiles. If you use such functionality of the Services, then you should use caution when determining to whom you want to make Content available. If you choose to Post Content on third party Social Media Profiles, then, depending on the privacy settings of your Social Media Profiles, it is possible that persons in addition to those to whom you intended to view that Content could have access to that information. Accordingly, you should use caution when sharing Content via third party Social Media Profiles and you should carefully review the privacy practices of such Social Media Profiles.
(c) If you remove information, Personal Data, or Content that you Post to the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Services, or if other Users or third parties copied or saved that information.
(d) You may opt out of targeted advertisements from some third party companies by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative or Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice Page, which provide simple ways to opt out of ad targeting from participating third party companies. When you opt out, your selection will be stored in a cookie that is specific to your Device or computer and the web browser you are using. The opt out cookie has an expiration date of five years. If you delete the cookies on your computer or Device, you will need to opt out again.
(e) We will contact you from time to time for marketing purposes. Unless you have opted out, this could include contacting you by phone or email. You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by the following means: (i) contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org; (ii) following the instructions in the communication; or (iii) by mailing the request to us at Biteseeing Staunton LLC, P.O. Box 1857, Staunton, VA 24402.
5. Security of Your Personal Information. We exercise care and prudence in protecting the security of Personal Data provided to us. We carefully protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Specifically, we our Payment Processor uses the Secured Socket Layer (‘SSL’) encryption when collecting, storing, or transferring sensitive data. Personal Data is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. However, you have a significant role in Profile security. Someone may see or edit your Personal Data if that person gains access to your username and password, so do not share these with others. WE TAKE THESE PRECAUTIONS IN AN EFFORT TO PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION AGAINST SECURITY BREACHES. HOWEVER, THIS IS NOT A GUARANTEE THAT SUCH INFORMATION MAY NOT BE ACCESSED, DISCLOSED, ALTERED, OR DESTROYED BY BREACH OF SUCH FIREWALLS AND SECURE SERVER SOFTWARE. BY USING THE WEBSITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO ASSUME THESE RISKS.
6. Your Profile. Users may review and update Personal Data by logging into their Profile. If your Profile is terminated by you or us, we will remove your name and other Personal Data from our publicly viewable database. If you close your Profile, we have no obligation to retain your information, and may delete any or all of your Profile information without liability. However, we may retain Content related to you for any reason we determine. We may also retain and use Content Posted by you if necessary to provide Services to other Users. We disclaim any liability in relation to the deletion or retention (subject to the terms of this Policy) of Content or any obligation not to delete the Content.
7. Cookies and Tracking Technology
8. Compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. We recognize the need to provide further privacy protections with respect to Personal Data we may collect from Children who use our Services. For that reason, we make every effort to comply with the regulations of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (at 15 USC § 6501–6506). We never collect or maintain Personal Data through the Services from those we actually know are under thirteen (13), and no part of the Services are structured to attract anyone under thirteen (13). We expressly disclaim, and you expressly release us from, any and all liability whatsoever for any controversies, claims, suits, injuries, harm, loss, penalties, damages, arising from or in any way related to any misrepresentations regarding the age of any User. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate with or without notice the Profile of User who we believe has provided false information when registering for or using the Services and each User agrees to make no further use of the Services after termination or during suspension.
9. Linked Sites. The Services or third parties may provide links to Linked Sites and data provided by third parties. However, we are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by Linked Sites, nor are we responsible for the information or materials that third party data contains. This Policy applies solely to information collected by us through the Services; thus when you use a link to go from the Services to a Linked Site, this Policy is no longer in effect. We encourage Users to read the privacy policies of Linked Sites before proceeding to use them. When you conduct e-commerce with a Linked Site, certain Personal Data s may be collected by the Linked Site and made available to us.
10. In the Event of Sale or Bankruptcy
The ownership of the site, BITESEEINGSAUNTON.COM or the company, Biteseeing Staunton LLC may change at some point in the future. Should that occur, we want this site and the company to be able to maintain a relationship with you. In the event of a sale, merger, public offering, conversion of the company entity into a different business entity, bankruptcy or other change in control of Biteseeing Staunton LLC, your information may be shared with the person or business that owns or controls this site or the company. Opting out of receiving information from third parties will not affect our right to transfer your information to a new owner, but your choices will continue to be respected regarding the use of your information.
11. GDPR and European Individuals
As described in this privacy statement, we will not process your information without a lawful bases to do so. We will process your user information with your legal consent (when you voluntarily provide information or opt in) or on the legal bases of contract (when you enter into a transaction with us), or when we have a legal obligation to do so. As described herein, we may also process certain user information on the basis of the following legitimate interests, provided that such interests are not overridden by your privacy rights and interests: delivering content, and further developments and improvements to the Site, learning from analyzing traffic to better serve all Site users, to analyze the likes and dislikes of our users, and to help us to provide a more stable, consistent, and secure user experience. If you have any questions regarding this please contact us.
12. Changes to our Policy; Miscellaneous. We reserve the right to change this Policy, our Terms of Service, and our other Polices at any time. We will notify you about changes to this Policy by placing the updated Policy on the Services. You agree that your use of the Services after such notification will constitute acceptance by you of such changes to our Policy. This Policy is and any disputes in connection with this Policy are subject to our Terms of Service and our other Policies which are each hereby incorporated herein by reference. In the event of any conflict between the provisions of this Policy and our Terms of Service, our Terms of Service will control.
13.Questions or Comments Regarding this Policy. We value your comments and opinions. If you have questions, comments or a complaint about compliance with this Policy, you may send a written notice to us at: email@example.com or Biteseeing Staunton LLC, P.O. Box 1857, Staunton, VA 24402.